Ski fast and take chances.
Hi, I'm Garrett. I bring to the table a healthy dose of ambition, and passions for learning, cultivation, and advancement in technology and therefore our ability as a species to achieve greater things. I have excellent communicational and interpersonal skills which I leverage to see whatever it is I am working on to fruition. I thoroughly enjoy innovating, and working on projects that will somehow positively affect people.
General PartnerBerlin German Technology Entrepreneurship CenterNovember 2015 - Present
- Working closely with startup companies from around Europe, and overseeing management of emerging financial technology companies.
- Speacilist in Information Security, Blockchain Integration, and connecting US companies to Europe and vice versa.
ChairBozeman, MT Abdera VenturesApril 2015 - Present
- Leveraging our Network to match an investor with projects tailored to her liking.
- Years in development, and based on a series of human decisions, our proprietary learning algorithm matches people, businesses, and capital with a largely successful funding rate.
Founder, Board MemberBozeman, MT Gary Foundation
October 2014 - On Hold
- The Gary Foundation has been a dream of mine for years, and now I have finally made it a reality. Chrondosarcoma, a rare cancer of the bone, took my father when I was seven years old. I refuse to let his death hault his good doing and great positivity and kindness toward others.
- Primarily providing research grants to groups focused on Chrondosarcoma, the Gary Foundation aims to improve the well being of those affected by cancer and their families.
- All directors of the Gary Foundation have agreed to recieve no compensation for their efforts, ensuring maximum efficiency in converting our recieved donations to a cure for this cancer.
FounderBozeman, MT Cognitive Inc.March 2014 - November 2015
- Cognitive Inc. provides a variety of services in the Cryptocurrency industry, ranging from ASIC design to trading various currencies based on the blockchain technology.
Founder & CEOCoeur d'Alene, ID Cognitive Mining LLCMarch 2012 - April 2014
- In March of 2012 my IPO sold out within 3 days, initially raising 2500 bitcoins, which at the time was just over $12,000 USD.
- I grew the company from this inital $12,000 investment to a net worth of over one million dollars in less than two years.
- Publicly traded on the Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange, Bitcoin Trading Corp., and Havelock Investments.
- Commonly regarded as the best of all the assets on said exchanges.
- Cognitive was recognized for being the most transparent, shareholder-friendly, and efficient mining company.
- I designed ASIC hardware specifically for mining bitcoin, managed negotiations on seven figure deals, and ultimately exceeded the expectations set in all of my agreements.
- I worked closely with the blockchain technology, harnessing it as a public ledger for accounting and share management and allocation.
- Bitcoin Mining Bond Issuance Company -- Synergy Mining
- Bitcoin Dispenser - Gave free bitcoins to new users
- Bitcoin Mining Pool Development - Stabilized mining payouts from a large degree of randomness to a steady, daily stream.
- Arbitrage. Lots and lots of arbitrage. The bitcoin markets were extremely volatile.
Machinist, Tech GuyAMI Machining, Inc.June 2009 -Hayden, ID
As soon as I was of age (14), my neighbor John Grimm hired me to work in his extremely high-tech die making shop, AMI Machining, where I operated various electron discharge machines.
- Learned much about miscellaneous types of metals and how to cut them down to the hundred thousandth of an inch using electron discharge machining technologies.
- Performed miscellaneous tasks, varying from petty chores to managing network infrastructure to operating million dollar machinery where one wrong keystroke can disable a machine for months.
Cryptography, High School G.E., University
Montana State University
September 2013 -January 2014Bozeman, MT
- Honors College Member
- Computer Science
- Cryptography I
- Business Management
- Team Building
- Corporate Relations
- Business Strategy
- Team Player
- Business Law
- Currency Trading
- Many more!
- Business Operations
- Computer Hardware Design
knowledge and experience gain, hardware and software, communication methods and technology, civil rights defense, actively opposing and combating censorship, flight, film, photograpy, skiing, travel, economics, gadgets, and quite a bit more. My curiosity is rampant and I thrive on discovering why and how things work, probably most prevalently the human mind.