Ski fast and take chances.
Hi, I'm Garrett. I consider myself extremely ambitious, and historically lucky when it comes to business ventures. My current objective in life is to better society, through whatever means necessary. I thoroughly enjoy innovating, and working on, projects that will somehow positively affect people. I aim to always be an employer -- never an employee.
Founder & DirectorGary FoundationOctober 2014 - Present
- The Gary Foundation has been a dream of mine for years, and now I have finally made it a reality. Chrondosarcoma, a rare cancer of the bone, took my father when I was seven years old. I refuse to let his death hault his good doing and great positivity and kindness toward others.
- Primarily providing research grants to groups focused on Chrondosarcoma, the Gary Foundation aims to improve the well being of those affected by cancer and their families.
- All directors of the Gary Foundation have agreed to recieve no compensation for their efforts, ensuring maximum efficiency in acheiving our mission.
Executive DirectorCognitive Inc.March 2014 - Present
- Cognitive Inc. provides a variety of services in the Cryptocurrency industry, ranging from ASIC computer design to trading various currencies based on the blockchain technology.
Founder & CEOCognitive Mining LLCMarch 2012 - April 2014
- I built the company from the ground up, starting with a typical sixteen year old budget of $40, I've grown the company to the extent of having a net worth of over $700,000 USD.
- Publicly traded on the Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange, Bitcoin Trading Corp., and Havelock Investments.
- In March of 2012 my IPO sold out within 3 days, initially raising 2500 bitcoins, which at the time was just over $12,000 USD.
- Cognitive is recognized for being the most transparent, shareholder-friendly, and efficient mining company.
- Some have tried to clone the business model and inherently the success of Cognitive, and none have come close to matching it.
- Bitcoin Mining Bond Issuance Company -- Synergy Mining
- Bitcoin Dispenser
- Bitcoin Mining Pool Development
- Arbitrage. Lots and lots of arbitrage. The bitcoin markets are extremely volatile.
Learning the RopesAMI Machining, Inc.June 2009 -Hayden, ID
As soon as I was of age (14), my neighbor John Grimm hired me to work in his extremely high-tech die making shop, AMI Machining, where I operated various electron discharge machines.
- Learned much about miscellaneous types of metals and how to cut them down to the hundred thousandth of an inch using electron discharge machining technologies.
- Performed miscellaneous tasks, varying from petty chores to managing network infrastructure to operating million dollar machinery where one wrong keystroke can disable a machine for months.
Cryptography, High School G.E., University
Montana State University
September 2013 -January 2014Bozeman, MT
- Honors College Member
- Computer Science
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Cryptography II
- Business Management
- Linux Familiarity
- Public Relations
- Technology in General
- Currency Trading
- Computer Science
- Computer Design
applicable knowledge and experience gain, hardware and software, communication methods and technology, civil rights defense, actively opposing and combating censorship, flight, film, photograpy, skiing, travel, economics, gadgets, and quite a bit more.